The EUROSCI Network is selecting class teachers for the Jean Monnet Open Online Course of European Integration offered as part of the activities of Jean Monnet Chair in European Political Economy created by Alexandru Ioan Cuza University in Iasi with the support of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. The course will run through the first semester of the 2018-2019 academic year, have a teaching load of 42 hours, and an academic value of 6 ECTS credits. Additional information on the course can be found through the links at the bottom of this call.
- A PhD or equivalent.
- Sufficent command of English language.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience.
- A full-time contract with a nationally-accredited university that authorises the participation of the teacher in this initiative as part of his/her regular duties at home.
- No previous specialised knowledge of the EU or European integration is required.
- A minimum of 10 students.
- A classroom with computer, video projector and broadband internet connection.
- A total of 21 hours of meetings with students in the classroom plus 140 hours of online-only work.
What we offer:
- A final EUROSCI Network certificate stating the total number of hours worked as a class teacher (21 live in the classroom + 140 online), as well as the results obtained in terms of student registration and performance in the course.
- Admission to the EUROSCI Network.
- Consultancy on how to apply for your own Jean Monnet projects.
Initial enquiries, containing a brief presentation of the teacher and the prospective group of students, shall be addressed to the co-ordinator of the course by 1 September 2018.
Pre-selected applicants will then be invited to submit the following documents to email@example.com before the start of the course:
- A copy of the PhD diploma or equivalent.
- A full CV in English.
- A letter by a university representative (rector, dean, director...) authorising the teacher's participation in the course.